We have grown as the construction industry soars in both New Zealand and Australia as well as with the acquisition and integration of various smaller civil contracting and supplier companies.
From humble beginnings, we are now a leader in the industry and operate a strong construction and civil contracting base with diverse capabilities from reading, water infrastructure and land development. We also provide quality construction materials across New Zealand and the Pacific and specialized services to maintain, enhance and rehabilitate.
The effective operation of the Northern Civil Quality System and the effective administration of Northern Civil Contracts.
- General administration tasks.
- Assisting the Site Engineers in their duties.
- Support Field Staff including manual labour work.
- Monitoring of works to ensure compliance with environmental and quality standards and specifications
- Monitoring of onsite Health and Safety, including auditing onsite works, attending meetings and ensuring compliance documentation is updated. Programming and planning, ensuring that worksite groups are supplied with the necessary information and materials to complete their works without delay.
- General site administration, such as communication with affected residents, subcontractors and stakeholders, keeping daily site diaries, ordering of materials, and checking deliveries.
- Any other tasks that will assist the Project Manager/Project Engineer.
- Ensure you adhere to our Safety Policy and are made aware of the requirements of the Health and Safety Employment Act and the Resource Management Act.
- The provision of a safe work environment.
- All work-related incidents are reported, recorded and appropriate corrective actions are put in place.
- Employees are trained and competent to perform the tasks required of them and are competent to operate the plant.
- All trainee operators are closely supervised at all times.
- The Hazard Management System is applied to all work activities every day.
- Safe work methods are applied at all times.
- Emergency Response procedures are available for all sites on which you are working.
Number of Employees: 100+
Industry: Construction Industry
Position: Trainee Engineer
Duration: 3-6 months
Vacancy code: NZ 1776
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.