Logistics in New Zealand
New Zealand Internships specialises in providing international students with logistics work experience. The logistics industry, in general, coordinates the different material resources of certain business as well as analysing how these materials are stored and transported from A to B. The central goal of the business is to make the logistics productivity as scalable, reliable and effective as possible. With your New Zealand logistics work placement, you will assist logistics job managers in meeting these goals.
Logistics work placement responsibilities:
- Compiling data for analysis.
- Analysing quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of transportation.
- Assisting in national and international vendor development.
- Assisting the team with contracts and pricing.
- Gathering and analysis of lane data.
- Using database management skills.
- Liaising and negotiating with customers and suppliers.
A logistics intern will learn to work in a high-pressure environment and working on crucial and challenging projects. They will gain experience in legal expertise in compliance with the diverse terms and conditions of transporting goods and merchandise.