Law in New Zealand
Law and Legal work experience offers an invaluable insight into the professional life of attorneys, lawyers and judges. The intern will work in an environment where professionalism, creativeness, teamwork and responsiveness are paramount. You will assist the staff in all aspects of litigation, legal research, policy research and the development of public education materials.
Tasks related to Law and Legal placements:
- General tasks associated with legal casework
- Assistance with review of scientific evidence for criminal cases
- Meeting clients and helping with administrative forms
- Legal research using libraries and databases
- Market Research
The perfect law candidate:
- Broad-minded, culturally-sensitive and strong interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Flexible and friendly in dealing with clients
- Knowledge of New Zealand’s system of justice
This work experience will allow you to bring your knowledge into a professional work setting and broaden skills through hands-on experience in a business environment.