Engineering in New Zealand
The best way to gain engineering experience is to complete work experience within a professional engineering company. Work placements in New Zealand’s engineering industry include automotive, chemical, civil, computer engineering, electrical, biomedical and aerospace engineering.
General engineering duties include:
- Automation Programming (PLC control)
- Technology Research
- Design quality, engineered solutions for customers’ needs
- Design mechanical systems for automation
- Develop new applications of mechanical components
- Analyze, indicate and calculate test results in relation to design
- Prepare documents & reports
An engineering candidate has the opportunity to learn how to implement structures, machines, systems and processes. We also offer research placements in the biotechnology and clean-technology sectors.