Ecology and Environment in New Zealand
Do you want to make a difference and start a career that focusses on the protection of our Ecology and Environment? A work placement with New Zealand Internships could be the perfect break into the industry. You will have the opportunity to experience multiple areas of natural resources including air quality, water and waste management and geothermal. On the other hand, if you prefer an ecology placement, your main emphasis will be on surveying ecosystems, assessing the diversity, classifying plants and animals and other organisms.
Tasks related to Ecology and Environment:
- Assist and create projects
- Use reports to influence environmental policy
- Offer expert advice to engineers, architects and members of the public
- Educating local communities about environmental issues
- Keep up to date with new environmental policies and legislation
The perfect work experience candidate:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiasm about and fascination for animals and plants
- Capacity to identify different species as appropriate to the role
- Competence in understanding and using statistics and other ecological data
- Able to use computer software for recording, analysing and presenting data and reports
- Excellent written communication, research and presentation skills
The internship will allow you to bring your knowledge into a professional work setting and broaden your experience through hands-on work in a business environment.
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.