This company is one of the world’s leading providers of integrated logistics services and provides a complete range of international air and sea freight forwarding together with integrated logistics services from its premises New Zealand and Australia. With 90,000 employees and about 2,000 offices around the world, this company is one of the world’s leading providers of integrated logistics services.
The company’s experts provide complete solutions tailor-made for the requirements of the industry today and tomorrow. International teams of specialists integrate the group’s individual service modules to create complex added-value chains that ensure a reliable flow of materials and information – in both the old and the new economies.
Your task will be to provide assistance to the transport department with the administration of the company’s transport services and to assist with the development of transport processes ensuring the most effective utilization of transport for the purpose of achieving strategic business objectives.
- Daily coordinating, monitoring and reporting on timing related to container arrival, pick up, delivery and dehire of empty containers.
- Liaise and work with the company customer services to ensure excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Liaise with customs brokerage team (ocean and air) to ensure imports and exports documentation relevant to transport operations are received in a timely fashion.
- Providing support to the transport department in particular with branch administration and assisting with the development of processes and procedures.
- Ensure outside carriers receive appropriate documentation to proceed in a timely fashion with all customer’s requirements (booking jobs).
- Develop improvement projects as required.
- Assisting with general filing and other general office duties as answering telephone calls.
- Attending and contributing to department meetings.
- Maintaining relationship with internal clients.
Position: Transport dispatcher/transport manager
Duration: 6 months
Vacancy code: NZ1851
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.