Tourism internships abroad in New Zealand
With a tourism & travel internship, you will be involved in a variety of tasks designed to best utilise individual’s skills. The tourism & travel sector combines Marketing, Advertising, Human Resources, Business Management and New Zealand Tour Consulting.
You will work in an environment that is both multicultural and international. A requirement of these internships is a positive attitude and a willingness to work with members of a team.
New Zealand’s tourism industry increasingly focuses on economic development or urban and rural regeneration as well as strategic planning, particularly in local authorities. Possible tourism & travel internship placements are as a travel agent coordinator, travel advisor, tourism management assistant and tourism development advisor.
Various duties in the travel and tourism sector:
- Producing tourist information, including artwork & writing press
- Doing copies for tour guides and newsletters
- Setting up and attending exhibitions and holiday shows
- Organising special and seasonal events and festivals
- Advise international customers in travel details
- Devising and planning tours, and arranging itineraries
- Liaising with local operators, the media, designers and printers
- Care of websites business databases
- Organise bookings over email, website and phone
- Before you begin the internship placement process, you must first apply and be accepted to our programs to begin.