The company is an exciting new high-tech company based in Auckland, New Zealand providing services to assist Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) businesses to choose and implement the best value business software for their unique situation.
The company has recently gained a prestigious residency in the ‘e-centre’ business incubator programme for Massey University, Auckland and successfully obtained New Zealand government funding for their latest technology research and development programme.
The company is a privately owned company currently employing 5 people in key roles. The team come from a variety of business, academic and cultural backgrounds and thrives on innovation through collaboration and shared experience.
We are looking for a university intern with marketing or business studies background to support our software vendor market research operations and to actively participate in shaping our ‘go-to-market’ strategy. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining our business software vendor knowledge base.
- Thought leadership
- You typically like to research all your options before deciding on what products or services to buy
- You tend to check what other people think via blogs, user groups or online communities before buying
- You can quickly identify a market leading product and discern what makes them better than the rest
- You are interested in the behaviour of consumers – what was the decision process to buy
- You are very familiar with the Internet and social media
- You like to work with the latest technology and are always keen to try out new software or programmes
- You can observe and document current business software trends and assist in projecting future trends
- You want to work smarter as well as working harder
- You are prepared to take some risk in your employment opportunities to develop your abilities
- You want to experience the entrepreneurial environment of a ‘startup’
- You want the opportunity to work with people from varied backgrounds on a day to day basis
- You want to get out there and make a difference but recognize the need for someone to help nurture your unique talent
- Personal skills
- Must have a professional attitude (adhere to deadlines, team player, has integrity and delivers the goods)
- Must respect other people’s opinions and be able to incorporate them into your thinking
- Must be able to converse on a range of topics with any generation and have a genuine interest in people as well as technology
- Must be an ‘innovator’ and ‘early adopter’ – in your thinking and in the use of various technologies
- Must have good English language skills (be confident in both written and spoken English)
Position: Business Developer
Duration: 3-6 month
Vacancy code: NZ 1771
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.