At our company in New Zealand, we want our supporters’ experiences with us to be different, better and more rewarding than any other organisation in NZ. The Supporter Relationships Marketing Assistant is a “hands-on” role – that involves working within our supporter relationships team, interacting directly with supporters and working with our membership database. This role also provides a unique opportunity, in a consulting capacity, to make a difference and influence the long-term effectiveness of the organisation.
One of the key challenges our company in New Zealand has to face is our “leaky bucket” – we have a high rate of supporter “turnover”. Using the knowledge gained from practical experience and additional research, the intern will be responsible for conducting an analysis of key drivers of turnover and preparing and reporting conclusions and recommendations that will be used to implement a strategy going forward.
- Being a key part of our supporter relationships team, interacting with supporters on a day to day basis
- Providing excellent customer service through phone, email and face to face interactions with supporters, and handling enquiries in a professional manner
- Utilising supporter database to access, record and update relevant information relating to our members
- To build upon the practical experience gained within the supporter relations team to document and analyse key drivers of supporter turnover at our organization
- To research, liaise with, and draw upon the experiences of other offices around the world as part of this investigation
- To research best practices in the non-profit sector with regard to reducing supporter turnover
- To collate, document and analyse information from these sources and prepare a report with key conclusions and recommendations
- To present key findings to senior managers with a view to these findings forming the basis for a new strategy going forward
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Position: Supporter Relationships Manager
Duration: 3-6 months
Vacancy code: NZ 1739
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.