Take this unique opportunity to gain Sports Management work experience with New Zealand’s leading sports team. While interning at this company, you will have full access to their training facility, including gym and courts. They will also provide the intern with an allocation of club clothing. Should travel be required for any of the tasks involved, they will provide either a club vehicle or fuel costs for this travel.
- Event Management: Assistance with a delivery of the team’s home game events, including event organization and coordination on game night.
- Community Programmes: Involvement in the planning and implementation of the club’s marketing and programmes into the local community and schools and the administration and promotion of club programmes run through its own facility.
- Marketing: Assisting the Marketing Manager with the implementation of the club marketing plan, and the development of specific promotional activities.
- Corporate Hospitality: Assisting with the sales and administration of game night corporate hospitality packages, including working with the Sales and Sponsorship Manager on developing and promoting packages.
- Management: The internship would be overseen by the General Manager and would report to specific management staff depending on the tasks being undertaken. Full supervision and required training will be given for each task.
- Work Environment: A workstation and computer will be provided.
The working environment is informal – suit and tie are required for key sponsor and club events, but standard working attire is informal. The club offices and training base are housed on Auckland’s North Shore. When organizing accommodation it is recommended that this is also on the North Shore to assist with travel.
Number of Employees: 20-50
Vacancy code: NZ 1754
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.