From the unrivalled majesty of the rugged Southern Alps to the vibrant life of our major cities, New Zealand’s Heritage Hotels are proud to offer superior, suite-style accommodation in all the country’s major locations.
- To clean rooms, storage areas and corridors as allocated
- To ensure guest supplies and advertising material in bedrooms and bathrooms are replenished
- To ensure the security of keys and guests’ rooms by adherence to laid down procedures, and reporting any suspicious persons or items to the supervisor
- To understand the correct usage and storage of cleaning agents, and equipment, in line with health and safety regulations and manufacturers’ instructions
- To respond to special requests and VIP rooms
- Assist with regular equipment stocktaking
- To carry out the duties of other housekeeping staff members
Health and Safety Management:
- Work in a safe manner, providing a safe workplace to all employees
- Accurate and timely reporting of all hazards, incidents and work-related injuries to your manager
- Participate in any rehabilitation programmes as required
- Participate in Health & Safety committee meetings as required
- Be aware of procedures in the event of emergencies such as fire, bomb, in line with hotel/company policy and legislation
- Take initiative to ensure that interactions with our guests are positive and productive
- Take a positive problem-solving approach with issues and concerns
- Ensure a good working relationship with other staff members
- Provide efficient, friendly and professional service to all guests
Position: Room Attendant
Vacancy code: NZ 1731 (2)
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.