Retail internships in New Zealand
At a fashion and retail internship, you will be involved in a variety of tasks designed to best utilise individual’s skills. The retail & fashion sector combines Marketing, Advertising, Human Resources, Business and Management from the area and store manager to the sales assistant, as well as specialist areas such as buyer and stock control.
Here in New Zealand, you will work in an environment that is both multicultural and international. A requirement of internships in retail & fashion is a positive attitude and a willingness to work with members of a team always in contact with the customers and business partners.
New Zealand’s high streets are filled with shops and boutiques touting all the great international fashion labels as well as the funky, layered looking kiwi fashion. It is a practical response to New Zealand’s changeable weather; the four-seasons-in-a-day experience.
Requirements for fashion and retail internships:
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and soft skills
- A strong commitment to helping people and customer service
- Ability to handle challenging situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confidence, enthusiasm and drive
- Decision-making ability
- Sense of responsibility
- A ‘passion for fashion’
- A stylish appearance and dress sense