Take the opportunity and gain reception work experience in an Auckland hostel. We also have affiliate hostels around the country. The choice is yours! Keep on reading to learn more about your duties doing a reception internship at one of our host companies.
- The intern will be dealing with guests on a daily basis over the phone, email and personal (at reception).
- Greet customers in a warm, professional, friendly manner and always be attentive.
- Read the department communications book at the beginning of each shift and communicate any important information in that book.
- Follow the Standard Operational Procedures.
- Be sure to check your roster and give ample notice of any reason you can not work shifts allocated.
- Ensure grooming and hygiene are to company standards.
- Answer all telephones and emails in a professional and timely manner.
- Understand what to do in an emergency and if a fire alarm sounds.
- Use safe manual handling techniques, comply with all safe working practices and contribute to the reduction of workplace accidents.
- Write any incidents/accidents in the register of injuries book and fill in an accident report form when required.
- Responsible for the cash drawer, ensuring all money and vouchers received balance and are deposited correctly.
- Accurately check guests in and out in an efficient, friendly manner and ensure all information fields relating to marketing information and personal details are filled out completely.
- Accurately make reservations ensuring an effort is always made to increase sales. Guide other team members in methods to increase sales.
- Inform guests on local activities and assist in forwarding booking of activities and hostels.
- Do everything in your power to help guest have a fun and enjoyable time, making the best use of every opportunity to interact with guests in a friendly manner.
- Ensure the reception and guest areas are clean and liaise with housekeeping to ensure all rooms/beds are clean.
- Follow and complete all checklists relating to your shift.
- Complete an information handover at the end of each shift with the incoming shift.
- Complete any other duties as requested within your range of competency.
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Number of Employees: 20
Industry: Tourism industry
Duration: 20 weeks
Vacancy code: 1810
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.