We are New Zealand’s premier manufacturer of door systems. Because our doors are often hidden out of sight, you may not be aware of quite how many places they are used.
The scope of works will include:
- Door concepts and aesthetics
- Door design (extrusions, components, sheet, seals, mechanisms)
- Door assembly (including movement of frame, cutting of skins, research of appropriate glues and fixings)
- Door finishing (how will the door be painted? What handles will fit & how will they work?)
- Door packing / Wrapping – how will a large door be handled?
- Door installation – how will a door this size be handled on site by tradesmen/installers/freight
- Door repair (should it ever be required – what is the scope for this?)
Of course, there will be downtime during this project during which we would hope to use your skills for other design or engineering based projects.
Number of Employees: 40+
Industry: manufacturer of sliding door systems
Position: Product Design Engineer
Duration: 5-6 months
Vacancy code: NZ 1807
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.