The school believes in providing each individual child with a stimulating and safe environment, in which they feel empowered, enabling them to learn and develop at an early age.
The school aims to engage quality educators to provide children in a natural home environment with fun and safe learning opportunities, by providing educators with professional training, ongoing support and quality resources.
The school values the importance of the children’s input, therefore, plan from children’s interests, ideas and ethnicity which is also valued and incorporated into the school’s programme.
Overall objective: To support the staff to achieve growth of the business and build long-lasting professional relationships in the education sector.
- They are offering both a diverse and fun role in the education sector.
- The role includes a mix of both hands on support attending outings around Auckland with their educators and children and the making of monthly activities and extension packs for the children.
- The role also includes office based support involving the maintenance of implemented documentation systems, administration support and connecting with their families and educators through email.
The intern’s job role may include, but is not limited to:
- Attending the school’s outings and playgroups around Auckland alongside the teachers to provide support. This involves playing with the children, connecting with the educators and helping with the planning and facilitation of events.
- Attending any visits with the teachers where the educator is German and language may be a barrier or they may be having trouble settling in New Zealand.
- Be involved in the creation and execution of both the monthly craft activities and child extension packs.
- Shopping for craft and office supplies where necessary.
- Making regular contact with the school’s educators and families on a regular basis via phone and email, building and maintaining relationships with their families that is professional yet personable and caring. The school is a family orientated business and we like to form strong and lasting bonds of loyalty with their families and educators. They expect you to maintain this and always strive to offer the best possible service to their families.
- Assisting with general administration duties such as filing, scanning, documentation, mail, typing, running errands, etc.
- Assist management in the overall growth of the school as a business in any way they see possible.
Number of Employees: 25
Industry: Child Education
Position: Playschool intern
Duration: 3-6 months
Vacancy code: NZ 1872
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.