The company leads a team of barristers in legal practice specialising in two main areas. He employs 6 lawyers and 2 support staff.
The family law team deals with parenting and relationship property disputes, relocation and guardianship issues, adoption, and other family matters. The civil and criminal team deals with general civil matters, deportation and refugee matters, disciplinary and tribunal matters, and all criminal matters (particularly family violence and fraud). Legal aid and private work is undertaken.
Tasks will include a variety of:
- Taking phone calls from potential clients and current clients
- Meeting with clients and helping with administrative forms in client meetings
- Liaising with other agencies, such as the courts, legal aid, police and government departments in relation to documents and information
- Organizing files and court documents
- Filing documents at court
- Other reception and admin duties from time to time
- Legal research using libraries and databases
- Helping lawyers with jobs or letters on files
Number of Employees: 9
Industry: Legal Practice
Duration: 3-6 months, to be negotiated
Vacancy code: NZ 1870
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.