This is an exciting opportunity to work with a skilled team and assist the IT team at our company to review our Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity procedures. We are seeking a smart individual to work alongside key staff members to provide valuable assistance with this process. We seek a highly motivated individual who is keen to develop their existing analytical, solution design and project coordination skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the existing Disaster Recovery plan.
- Identify and accurately assess the areas of risk from a business continuity perspective.
- Gain the level of understanding of the systems and processes that will enable you to assist in developing our Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity strategy.
- Validate and develop existing documentation.
- Create new documentation as appropriate.
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- First class organizational skills
- Possess a logical and methodical approach to systems analysis and documentation
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High degree of computer literacy
- A high-level understanding of procedural program design and development
- A high-level understanding of database design and development
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar is an advantage
- Technical Awareness: Windows (XP, 2003), MS SQL Server 2005, MS Visual Studio, Linux
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Position: IT Business Continuity & Disaster Recover Intern
Duration: 3-6 months
Vacancy code: NZ 1739 (5)
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.