Visa requirements

All of our programs are open to New Zealand citizens and residents (and Australian citizens), we just ask that you specify how long you would like to be in a position so we can match you to the appropriate placement.

International Candidates
For a candidate who is coming to New Zealand from overseas, it is a requirement that you have a visa to be able to do this. There are multiple options available depending on nationality and time frame. Please see below for eligibility.

Already in the country
If you are already here in New Zealand and on a current visa, you must ensure that you can meet the requirements as specified. For example, a Student Visa means that you can work for 20 hours during term time. This is your responsibility to check and let us know your requirements.

Remote Internships
Remote internships do not need a visa, unless you intend to come to do part of the placement in the office. If you intend to try and do this, it needs to be specified at the time of applying so we can match you with the appropriate placement.

Do you need a Visa? Don’t worry! It is a relatively simple process that can be completed online without too much hassle. If at any point you encounter problems and need advice, we are here to help. Remember though, the application for the visa itself remains your own responsibility. Please check below to see which visa(s) are all suitable for your internship. The visa you select will depend upon what passport you hold and whether your internship is part of your current studies.

Or, you can fill in our quick 5-minute application form which includes a free visa eligibility test.


Working Holiday Visa

The countries listed below are eligible for a 12 month period to live, intern and work in New Zealand:

Local Candidate Eligibility

  • New Zealand Residents or Citizens

  • Australian Residents or Citizens

  • Candidates with an eligible Work Visa

  • Candidates on a Student Visa part time internship for 20 hours/week during term time or full time when they do not have classes

Student and Trainee Visa

Is your country not on the Working Holiday list or have you applied for one in the past? You may be eligible for entry if the below apply:

  • Your work experience is directly related to your study or training

  • Your education provider supports your work experience

  • You have a written offer of work from a New Zealand education provider or employer

  • You have enough money to live on while you’re in New Zealand

* It is not possible to receive any remuneration under the conditions of this visa.