Internship code: NZ 1731 (3)
Position: Kitchen Steward
From the unrivalled majesty of the rugged Southern Alps to the vibrant life of our major cities, New Zealand’s Heritage Hotels are proud to offer superior, suite-style accommodation in all the country’s major locations.
• Ensure all kitchen and bars are kept clean and sanitized
• Ensure each outlet is supplied with clean and dry operational equipment
• Count, sort and prepare operating equipment as required
• Assist in the preparation of food as directed by the Head Chef or the kitchen management team
Equipment and Chemical storage and handling
• Ensure you correctly handle chemicals and equipment as per manufacturers’ instructions
• Ensure all operating equipment, crockery, cutlery and glassware is correctly stored
Kitchen and Bar cleaning requirements
• Follow the regular daily, weekly and monthly cleaning rosters and standard methods for deep cleaning of floors, walls, coolers, ovens and operating equipment
• Ensure no chemicals or cleaning material is wasted
• Ensure garbage is collected and disposed of correctly from all kitchen and bar outlets
• Ensure all kitchen equipment is kept in good working order and used for the purpose it was built
• Treat all hotel assets with respect
• Assist and help maintain all breakage records and record them when they occur.
Are you interested in this internship or one of our many others? Visit our application page to test your eligibility and receive a free quote.