The company inspires people to discover and apply their intellectual and creative potential and to contribute responsibly to their societies and cultures. The guiding principle of the institution is to educate people for work, in work and through work.
It has a growing reputation as a recognised centre of teaching, learning, research and practice in the field of communication studies. They are a provider of distinctive qualifications in the field of communication studies, informed by cutting-edge research of regional and international significance, relevant community and industry engagement, and an emphasis on the added value of communication networks and interdisciplinarity in creative industries and business.
The department offers pre-degree, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The largest programme is the Bachelor of Communication with four majors: event management, international communication, media studies and public relations.
The main focus of the work will be on developing a communication plan for the department. This will have two parts:
- Analyse retention and completion data of students on the programme
- Consider orientation strategies and process
- Explore the place of social media as a means of communication to students
- Identify preferred forms of communication to students
- Develop the departments profile
- Analyse external stakeholders and industry networks database
- Consider the effectiveness of marketing strategies to external audiences
- Evaluate advertising campaigns to overseas markets – apply media monitoring strategy
- Investigate the value of social media as a means of communication to alumni
The role will suit a public relations/marketing student with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The intern will primarily report to the Programme Leader for Undergraduate Programmes and to members of the Department Management Team as necessary.
Location: Mt Albert campus, Auckland
Number of Employees: 100+
Duration: 6 months or by arrangement
Vacancy code: NZ1768 (4)
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.