GIS interns are a staple of the company environment. As we regularly over-perform on our contracts, we must showcase this visually. GIS mapping is a hugely exciting and impactful component to our work; it allows us to provide evidence-based data to decision makers in a visually digestible way. This helps facilitate better outcomes with our funders.
- Technical mapping of wetlands and the activities of weeding and planting of native trees.
- Mapping of future projects including native seed foraging positions on the island, etc.
- Meeting with on the ground staff to translate what is happening to movement over time on a map.
- Produce high-quality professional maps and integrate those into our reporting structure.
- Updating ArcGIS apps and databases
- Integrating staff into use of ArcGIS apps
- Specialising in either graphic design, website, and/or GIS
Location: Waiheke Island
Industry: Sustainability/ Environmental
Duration: minimum 3 months. Can be part time
Vacancy code: NZ 9009
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.