1) Visit the Auckland Art Gallery in the city centre. Free entry and more than 15,000 local and international artworks.
2) Auckland has dozens of nature hikes in and around the city. Start ticking them off one by one.
3) There are free libraries – with free WIFI – everywhere, including a huge one in the city centre.
4) Visit Cornwall Park and pat a little lamb.
5) Learn about New Zealand and its history at the iconic Auckland Museum.
6) Check out the Winter Gardens in the Auckland Domain and see stunning varieties of plants from around the world.
7) Tick off birds you’ve spotted at the beautiful Tawharanui Open Sanctuary.
8) Listen to New Zealand local music talent in open air gigs around the city at Music in Parks.
9) Watch movies in outdoor theatres at Movies in Parks.
10) Take a stroll through Auckland Botanic Gardens.
11) Auckland has tons of great running trails. Put your running shoes on and run from the viaduct, along Tamaki Drive to Saint Heliers! (10km each way).
12) Get to the top of One Tree Hill or one of Auckland’s many other volcanos for epic views.
13) Chase one of the many waterfalls near Auckland.
14) Get yourself to Goat Island for the day. It is a marine reserve so bring a snorkel if you want to see a bunch of fish.
15) Walk the old World War 2 tunnels at North Head. Its dark in there- bring a light!
16) Head to Bastion Point for some great views looking back on Auckland.
17) Grab a bike and hop on the Pink Trail, or hire a tandem and cycle along Auckland Waterfront with a friend.
18) Piha, Cornwallis, Huia, Karekare – Check out any of Aucklands West Coast black sand beaches.
19) Visit Muriwai beach and witness the impressive Gannet colony.