Food Science & Nutrition internships in New Zealand
The New Zealand Internships program provides students and graduates with food science internships across the country. Being a food science intern involves completing tasks in basic or applied research and development related to food. You will gain knowledge related to the biological and chemical process of food, analyse nutritional contents, discover new food sources and research ways to make processed foods safe and healthy.
Tasks related to Food Science and Nutrition Internships:
- Establishing low-cost wholesale food production methods
- Investigating and setting standards for safety and quality
- Exploring alternative manufacturing methods
- Producing new food products
- Working with food production staff including microbiologists, engineers, packaging specialists and buyers
- Conduct research and experiments to improve the quantity and quality of field crops and farm animals
- Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications to food
- Good business, IT, analytical and numerical abilities
- Being a confident independent worker
- Good communication skills
- Strong team working skills
The internship will allow the student to bring their knowledge into a professional work setting and broaden their knowledge through hands-on application in a business environment.