We are a national organisation and provide fire and emergency services to the New Zealand public. We run a fleet of over 500 appliances and manages 400+ properties and employ more than 1000 people.
Many new properties are being built or alternatively strengthened to meet stricter structural requirements to resist earthquake and better fire safety systems. This work is controlled by the company using external building consultants to undertake the detailed design, tendering, consent application and construction monitoring.
- Familiarisation with New Zealand building legislation including on-going building compliance requirements.
- Identifying a suitable information storage and retrieval basis (in conjunction with the company’s information staff).
- Developing an index of references relating to the construction of buildings.
- Revising existing information in light of legislation and policy changes liaising with internal stakeholders such as property management officers and other building users to capture best practice.
- Map key decision points and develop flow-chart of construction design and monitoring program.
- Develop Microsoft project template.
- Develop briefing documents for external consultants.
Number of Employees: 100+
Industry: Fire Services
Position: Facility Management
Duration: 4-6 months
Vacancy code: NZ 1813
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.