You can now gain finance and HR assistant work experience in a globally well-known company. Their vision as a fundraising team is to deliver experiences of the company and their campaigns that truly engage their supporters. They want their supporters to experience with them to be different, better and more rewarding than any other organization.
The Human Resources and Finance intern will help deliver a number of HR projects, and provide professional, efficient, timely and accurate processing of financial data. This will involve assisting with planning, implementation and development of project plans, research and support with reporting of general HR and Finance activities.
The company has agreed to implement and roll out a competency model as designed by an international working group. A number of tools exist such as a competency dictionary, job description template and all this feeds into the annual performance review process.
- Working with the managers in the teams to roll out the steps of the competency framework.
- Establish common training and development requirements from existing development plans.
- Work with the international salary working group on options for a common, global link between the competency model and a salary system.
- Creating project planning and reporting against the project plan.
- Communication with the users to achieve buy-in for our proposed projects and changes.
- In addition, these projects are in progress and might provide opportunities for the intern’s involvement.
- Contribute to the induction e-learning initiative (TBC).
- Assist finance assistant with the processing of expenses.
- Understand cost centre and expense code structures and monthly reporting (fundraising and finance).
- Assist finance manager with creating the monthly and board reports (this might include the analysis of financial and or HR data as input).
- Automate the data analysis of the HR data.
- Contribute to GRI project, in particular, the carbon footprint reporting.
- If possible, set up a system that covers our broader GRI reporting requirements (TBC).
- Input your ideas into the projects and reporting, and provide creative input into our HR and Finance teams.
- Liaise with the global HR and Finance community as appropriate.
- Any other appropriate tasks or projects as delegated by the organisational director or finance manager.
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Number of Employees: 30
Industry: Environmental organization
Position: Finance and HR Intern
Vacancy code: NZ0039 (2)
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.