Are you ready to work at New Zealand’s best film studios? The Creative Hub at this company is a busy department. Their main focus is on supporting directors in creating their treatments. Treatments are a written/visual document used to pitch and win jobs.
The intern must be reliable, resourceful, passionate, willing to learn and be able to work with deadlines. They must also be able to take direction and be a motivated individual. An ability to maintain confidentiality is imperative and a passion for films is a must, as well as a good eye and understanding of the medium. Knowledge of photography, new media and culture would be useful and candidates must be able to competently use the following programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuickTime and Media Player.
Due to the nature of the industry, long hours are sometimes expected as well as some work during weekends. However, you will be working with one of the best production companies in the world and with top international directors!
The role of the intern is to assist and support the team in the Hub, learn the process of how to put together a winning treatment, and gain general insight into the industry. The intern will report to the Executive Producer and will offer support to all team members.
Assisting with treatments:
- Picture researching
- Film researching
- Designing layouts on InDesign
- Photoshopping images
- Designing new templates for treatments
- Updating the list of photography sites
- Cataloguing and filing the database of images
- Keeping the DVD library in order and updated
- Print out and file completed treatments
- Cataloguing and filing the reference books and magazines
- Keeping the team updated weekly with inspiring websites
- Finding out who the best DOP’s and Editors in the world are and request their showreels
Number of Employees: 20+
Vacancy code: NZ 1824
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.