The company has been campaigning against environmental degradation. This tradition of “bearing witness” in a non-violent manner continues today. It has a presence in many countries across Europe, the American Continents, Asia, Africa and the Pacific.
Our vision as a fundraising team is to deliver experiences of the company and our campaigns that truly engage our supporters. We want our supporters’ experience with us to be different, better and more rewarding than any other organization.
The organization’s New Zealand office is based in Auckland. There are around 30 full-time staff members in the office and up to 6 interns. All our interns will work closely with a manager who has experience and vital skills that you will learn.
We expect a high standard of commitment, professionalism and a positive attitude from our interns. In return, we organise a work-station, regular catch-ups with the other interns and the opportunity for professional development. Your manager will meet you when you first start to discuss your learning requirements and the skills you would like to attain for future employment.
You will work on the internal fundraiser’s communication platform to provide the offices around the globe with information and the opportunity to exchange their experiences. The Fundraising Director of the New Zealand office will assist you over the entire period of your internship and training will be given beforehand.
Required professional skills:
- fluent in written and spoken English
- excellent computer skills with MS Office applications
- highly developed proficiency in internet use
- good organisational abilities
Required personal characteristics:
- self-confident, focused, pro-active and result-oriented
- highly stress resistance
- flexible attitude to constantly shifting work priorities
- self-motivated team player & excellent communicator
- develop and implement strategic plans with the team to drive greater use of the intranet and newsletters for sharing of skills
- prepare and implement plans for ensuring the website has interesting, useful, recent content
- keep regular contact with each office for updates
- quality control checking of content uploaded by other users and correcting or following up for additional information
- act as first contact point for enquiries and assistance from intranet users
- provide an enthusiastic welcome, training, support and encouragement to new users
- work with the web developer to fix bugs and improve the website
- produce the monthly newsletter so it is as engaging and informative as possible
This internship is unpaid, and you are responsible for covering your own travel and housing but you will be able to participate in training such as corporate campaigning, non-violent direct action, media relations, materials production and grassroots outreach.
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Number of Employees: 30
Industry: Environmental organisation
Position: Fundraising Intranet Intern
Vacancy code: NZ1739 (2)
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.