Ecology & Environment internships in New Zealand
Do you want to make a difference and start a career that focusses on the protection of our Ecology and Environment? An internship with New Zealand Internships could be the perfect break into the industry. You will have the opportunity to experience multiple areas of natural resources including air quality, water and waste management and geothermal. On the other hand, if you prefer an ecology internship, your main emphasis will be on surveying ecosystems, assessing the diversity, classifying plants and animals and other organisms.
Tasks related to Ecology and Environment Internships:
- Assist and create projects
- Use reports to influence environmental policy
- Offer expert advice to engineers, architects and members of the public
- Educating local communities about environmental issues
- Keep up to date with new environmental policies and legislation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiasm about and fascination for animals and plants
- Capacity to identify different species as appropriate to the role
- Competence in understanding and using statistics and other ecological data
- Able to use computer software for recording, analysing and presenting data and reports
- Excellent written communication, research and presentation skills
The internship will allow the student to bring their knowledge into a professional work setting and broaden their knowledge through hands-on application in a business environment.