Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronics – Hardware Research & Development Technician
Are you as practical as you are technically minded? If you enjoy building and creating things in your down time, this might be your dream role…
We’re looking for someone who can apply their technical knowledge in the real world. You’ll love tinkering and possibly have your own work shop, either way you’ll have true passion and aptitude for your subject, and you be highly inquisitive always looking for solutions to problems. You will also have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected and talented engineers in the industry.
You’ll be studying towards or have a Diploma or Degree qualification in either Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronics. You will bring knowledge in general test & measurement equipment, a passion and advocacy for process control and improvement, coupled with meticulous attention to detail.
Your key responsibilities will be working on R&D projects that our team just can’t get to at the moment. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required as is a proactive and organised approach as you will be asked to accomplish project tasks to meet deadlines.
Success for you will resemble:
- High levels of motivation and initiative
- Excellent assembling, rework, soldering and fabrication skills – small pitch/BGA
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and PCB layouts; and,
- Demonstrated talent to problem solve innovatively
- Maintains composure and effectiveness in dynamic environments and under pressure
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
Any experience as a test technician working for an electronics manufacturer or in a lab environment with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, environmental chambers would be great too.
We develop, manufacture, markets and exports hi-tech marine electronics
Small parts of what they do in their project may require the following:
- Effectively communicate critical information to engineers, highlighting any problems found and interact for prompt solution
- Build, rework, and test new circuit design prototypes
- Assist engineers in the design and construction of jigs and interfaces to facilitate testing – e.g. soldering, light fabrication, validation, testing, EMC lab visits, regression tests, etc.
- Create and maintain BOMs and components information closely working with document control Team
- Technical service of products made at local sub-contractors where the sub-contractor does not have skill/training to perform the service.
- Assist engineers with logistics for external lab testing.
- Maintain control, purchase and maintenance of tools and equipment necessary for the day-to-day requirements of the lab.
- SW assistance on bring-up and Initial HW Troubleshooting
- FW/SW/GW development – I/Os, memories, Testing drivers
- Labview – develop maintain and assist on testing equipment
- Overseeing board layout design and debugging
- Module and Product testing and validation, DFM, DFT
Duration min 3 months
Vacancy code: NZ 2003
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.