This company has been transporting kiwis and international visitors around New Zealand for more than 30 years. Today they operate New Zealand’s largest coach transportation network. Together the combined networks connect to more than 600 destinations nationwide, with over 150 services every day. This company offers quality point to point bus transport on modern coaches at economic fares nationwide. Take the chance to gain Customer Service and Retail work experience with our placement programme.
Responsibilities – Retail:
- Retail Area: Ensure that the retail area is clean and tidy, that brochure racks are maintained and that you are well presented.
- Sales: Proactively approach and engage with customers, up-sell and provide exceptional customer service. Understand that this is where the customer’s experience begins.
- Dispatch: Assist with the dispatch of coaches and vessels.
Responsibilities – Crew:
- Customer Service: Ensure that passengers are provided with a warm welcome, that their concerns are addressed and that they are as comfortable as possible.
- Safety: Participate in the safety briefing, be aware of the procedures should there be an issue on board and show leadership should a situation occur.
- Food and Beverage: Assist with the sale of food and beverage on the vessel.
- Customer Feedback Surveys: Conduct customer surveys; collate the data and present report to management.
- Event Coordination: Assist the Sales Department with the arrangements for the agent and staff Christmas Functions.
This company has made a serious commitment to sustainable and responsible tourism. They are working to set up a framework within the business to promote and encourage these concepts within the business. There may be project work required in this area.
Location: Bay of Island
Number of Employees: 80-110
Vacancy code: NZ 1783
How to apply
To apply for an internship via us, please use the “Apply now” link. You will need to complete an online application form. We will email you to acknowledge we have received your interest and let you know the next steps in the application process.
Make sure that you are sincerely interested in the position and will be motivated to perform if hired.