As an international intern, graduate or traveller, you will need to check and confirm your visa eligibility. We would be happy to assist you with this once your placement is confirmed. The Application for a Visa however remains your own responsibility, at all times.
The following are automatically eligible for an Internship within New Zealand:
- Australian Residents or Citizens
- New Zealand Residents or Citizens
International candidates will require either:
- People from countries that have a working holiday visa scheme with New Zealand. Please check the list of eligible countries.
- People with a work visa for New Zealand
- People with a student visa in New Zealand can undertake a part time internship for 20 hours/week during term time or full time when they do not have classes
- People required to undertake an internship as part of their course from an institute in their home country are eligible for a Student and Trainee Visa (WE1)