We know it can be overwhelming arriving in a foreign country; you might not know anyone, might not feel confident with the language and find yourself getting hopelessly lost at every corner. At New Zealand Internship’s we want to take the stress and nerves out of your arrival.
For starters, on arrival we will hold an orientation at our office, where you will have the opportunity to meet the team of New Zealand Internships – we always love getting to know our interns! Our friendly staff will welcome you to your new environment and provide tips and recommendations about what to do, where to go and what you need to know. In the case you do not feel 100% comfortable in the speaking and writing of English, we can arrange an extensive English course for you that will get you up to speed.
Prior to your arrival in New Zealand, we will send you helpful information that assists and helps you have a smooth start on the first day at your internship. This will include information such as confirmation that the host company has been informed of your start date. If requested, it is possible for a member of New Zealand Internships to introduce you to your host company on your first day (please note we will charge you a small additional expense for this service).
Your orientation will include a presentation with such helpful information as:
- What to know for your Internship
- How to get to your Internship
- How to open a New Zealand bank account
- How to use the public transport
- How to meet other interns in New Zealand
- How to use the New Zealand mobile network
- What cultural differences to expect
- Invite you to the upcoming Intern activities and events
- Finally, you will receive a free “goodie bag”, full of useful items including discount vouchers and a New Zealand sim card.